Welcome to Stapleford Twinning Association’s web site
Our next exhchange visit to Villedômer will taked place 3-5 May 2024. These visits are great fun and all members are invited to take part! Please contact us by email (via the envelope icon at the bottom of the page) if you are interested.
On this site you will find out all about our Association: our aims, what we do and how to join. There are also reports about recent events and news of future events.
Our aims are:
- to promote and foster friendship and understanding between the people of Stapleford and district, and the people of Villedômer and district in France.
- to encourage visits and the development of contacts between the linked communities, both by individuals and groups, so as to develop a mutual understanding of the cultural, social, recreational, educational and commercial activities of the linked communities, and
- in furtherance of the said objects, to organise fund-raising and social activities.
If you are interested in any aspect of France – its food, wine, culture, language, tourist attractions, or whatever – perhaps you should be thinking about joining! You don’t have to speak French and you don’t have to live in Stapleford!
The benefits of membership include:
- Exchange visits with our twin village – experiencing real life with a French family!
- Local social events in Stapleford – mixing with people with kindred interests.
- Monthly prize draw through the exclusive ‘100 Club’.
- Dedicated monthly email newsletter sent to all members.
A quick reminder that anyone, members nad non-members, can quickly access news about our association on our Facebook Group page here.
As well as seeing our posts, you can see any reactions to them. You don’t have to join Facebook to see our posts but, unless you do, you won’t be able to react to anything you see there.
If you’re already on Facebook, why not join our group: ‘Twinning: Stapleford and Villedômer’?
If you’re not on Facebook why not join? It’s easy to join and to maintain your privacy, if that’s what you’d prefer. Just go to facebook.com, register and then you can join our group. You don’t have to do anything else like interacting with friends, but obviously you can if you wish.
We are moving forward with a range of new initiatives. Details can be found in the ‘News’ and ‘Activities’ sections.
Please bear in mind that most (but not all) of our activities are restricted to members. But we would love to have you as a member! You will find details in about membership in the ‘About us’ and in the ‘Contact/join’ sections. If you’re not sure about joining, why not come along to one of our open social events and find out more?
Main picture: Château d’Azay-le-Rideau