Welcome to Stapleford Twinning Association’s new web site!
The walking quiz on Sunday 12 June was much enjoyed!
Our bottle stall on Saturday 4 June at the Village Weekend was a huge success!
Here you will find out all about our Association: our aims, what we do and how to join.
Our aims are:
- to promote and foster friendship and understanding between the people of Stapleford and district, and the people of Villedômer and district in France.
- to encourage visits and the development of contacts between the linked communities, both by individuals and groups, so as to develop a mutual understanding of the cultural, social, recreational, educational and commercial activities of the linked communities, and
- in furtherance of the said objects, to organise fund-raising and social activities.
If you are interested in any aspect of France – its food, wine, culture, language, tourist attractions, or whatever – perhaps you should be thinking about joining! You don’t have to speak French and you don’t have to live in Stapleford!
The benefits of membership include:
- Exchange visits with our twin village – experiencing real life with a French family!
- Local social events in Stapleford – mixing with people with kindred interests.
- Monthly prize draw through the exclusive ‘100 Club’.
More details can be found here.
Apart from the web site, what’s new?
After celebrating 40 years of twinning in 2019, our activities in recent years have been somewhat curtailed due to the pandemic. However we are now moving forward with a range of new initiatives. Details can be found in the ‘News’ and ‘Activities’ sections.
Please bear in mind that most (but not all) of our activities are restricted to members. But we would love to have you as a member! You will find details in about membership in the ‘About us’ and in the ‘Contact/join’ sections. If your not sure about joining, why not come along to one of our open social events and find out more?
Main picture: Château d’Azay-le-Rideau